Back in 2014 the irrigation setup in my house needed some serious work. I had to change the location of one of the valves, and all of the wires between controller and all of the valves were ruined and had to be changed.
I started looking for a way to connect the current valves to the controller I had in the house without any wires. After all, it was 2014 and everything has gone wireless. So naturally someone or some firm had done it and it must be on the shelf somewhere. After more than couple trips to local hardware stores and a handful of phone calls to different companies I found out there is no such thing. I did get few laughs and some strange looks in the hardware stores when I asked for a wireless retrofit gizmo. But I could not find anything that would do the job.
Few told me to change everything to DC latched valves (hockey pucks) and be done with it, and some told me to just rewire the system and forget the whole thing. To make the story short, I got a bunch of advice and some hot air here and there.
So, I built it because I needed it for my own use. I was NOT going to rewire the system and was not going to get any DC valves either. I like the old brass valves I got here.
Well, one thing led to another and it became apparent to me that maybe some folks might face the same problems I faced and can use this gizmos I have. So, here it is!
Maybe I can save someone some digging, some frustration, and the time and money that goes with debugging bad wires and adding new wires for a new zone.